If you want to close your Credit Karma Money Save account*, we make it very easy for you to do so as long as you don’t have any pending transfers or open disputes. Any pending transfers or open disputes must be resolved in order to proceed with closing your account.
Note: At this time, If you close your account, you will not be able to reopen it or create a new one.
After confirming you have no pending transfers or open disputes, use the following steps to close your account:
- Go to your Credit Karma Money Save account
- Find the Credit Karma Money Save Account Settings page at the bottom of the savings hub
- Select Close Savings Account
- Select Continue on the following screen
- Closing your Credit Karma Money Save account will automatically transfer any remaining funds and earned interest to your linked external account
- Any scheduled automated deposits will be canceled
- You will see a screen where you can tell us your reason for closing. This is to help us improve the service, you will be able to close your account if you choose any reason for closing.
- If you would prefer not to provide a reason please choose Something Else as your reason
- You will see a confirmation screen. If you are sure you would like to close your Credit Karma Money Save account select Confirm.
- You will see a screen confirming your account has been closed. We will also send a confirmation to the email address associated with your account.
Your statements and tax forms will continue to be available to you after you close your Credit Karma Money Save account.
I'm having trouble closing my Credit Karma Money Save account
Don't worry. We have another option to close your account and mail you a check if you have any remaining balance.
Note: This option requires additional identity verification.
To get started, please contact us and provide the following information:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- The email address associated with your Credit Karma account
- The verified phone number associated with your Credit Karma account
- The last four digits of your SSN (Social Security Number)
- Your verified mailing address
Please make sure the information you provide matches what we have on file for you. We may ask you for more information to make sure you are the owner of the account before we help you close it.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply. Maximum 6 withdrawals per monthly statement cycle.